• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Day 7 post op

MelbaM

Hi Jenn,
I'm doing ok. Ready for my rant? ;)
Still painful (not gas, just pain from surgery). I bruised significantly and I'm sure that's part of it. I feel like I should be further along in the healing that I am, but when I "met" with the PA on a virtual visit yesterday, she said there's no rush and to take it at my own speed and the big time bruising is likely a big part of the pain. I am up and moving around, but after doing a couple loads of laundry I was in a lot of pain. She wants me to move up to 2 protein shakes a day now (a week post-op), but I'll need to find something I can drink that doesn't disgust me as EVERYTHING I bought and was drinking prior to the surgery absolutely repulses me. I'm not getting even one shake in as of yet. Did you experience this? I have absolutely NO hunger pangs and NOTHING sounds good. I feel like an absolute jerk for spending all the money I did getting ready for the pre and post-op stuff I need, and now can hardly look at it. My hubby is really understanding about it and tells me not to stress about it- we can donate it or something. I just feel like a "slug" from spending that money, then being off work for 2 weeks with only one week paid for because that's all the vacation I had. My psych meds still seem to be working for me (despite feeling like that "slug"). Sleep is going ok. Really struggling with my CPAP machine. It feels like it's just too much air being forced now. Gotta talk with my sleep doc about that. I'm doing really good with getting my water in, just not broth or anything. Can't use all the sugar free jello, Propel and all that I bought because I'm too sensitive to the artificial sweeteners. The PA gave me a couple recipes to make my own low/no sugar protein shakes yesterday. I'll have to print the list and take it to the store. I haven't been out of the house yet, which is psychologically a big part of my feeling crummy. Are you here in MN? The weather has been gross and the thought of getting out and possibly falling on ice or biting it somehow outside is a deterrent for me. I'll probably just order some things from the store and have it delivered. Still wearing my "house dresses" with no cinching that touched my abdomen as when I put on loose yoga pants, underwear or whatever it feels icky against my abdomen. Ok, I apologize for my rant. Just pent up feelings, frustrations, all that I needed to get out.
Now how are YOU? Healing well? I remember you talking about your frustrations. Have things gotten better? Do you have "foods"/drinks you're disgusted by? How many days post op are you again? Let me know how things are going, ok? I was glad to see you reached out. We haven't met, but I'm here for you!

Hi Jenn,
I'm doing ok. Ready for my rant? ;)
Still painful (not gas, just pain from surgery). I bruised significantly and I'm sure that's part of it. I feel like I should be further along in the healing that I am, but when I "met" with the PA on a virtual visit yesterday, she said there's no rush and to take it at my own speed and the big time bruising is likely a big part of the pain. I am up and moving around, but after doing a couple loads of laundry I was in a lot of pain. She wants me to move up to 2 protein shakes a day now (a week post-op), but I'll need to find something I can drink that doesn't disgust me as EVERYTHING I bought and was drinking prior to the surgery absolutely repulses me. I'm not getting even one shake in as of yet. Did you experience this? I have absolutely NO hunger pangs and NOTHING sounds good. I feel like an absolute jerk for spending all the money I did getting ready for the pre and post-op stuff I need, and now can hardly look at it. My hubby is really understanding about it and tells me not to stress about it- we can donate it or something. I just feel like a "slug" from spending that money, then being off work for 2 weeks with only one week paid for because that's all the vacation I had. My psych meds still seem to be working for me (despite feeling like that "slug"). Sleep is going ok. Really struggling with my CPAP machine. It feels like it's just too much air being forced now. Gotta talk with my sleep doc about that. I'm doing really good with getting my water in, just not broth or anything. Can't use all the sugar free jello, Propel and all that I bought because I'm too sensitive to the artificial sweeteners. The PA gave me a couple recipes to make my own low/no sugar protein shakes yesterday. I'll have to print the list and take it to the store. I haven't been out of the house yet, which is psychologically a big part of my feeling crummy. Are you here in MN? The weather has been gross and the thought of getting out and possibly falling on ice or biting it somehow outside is a deterrent for me. I'll probably just order some things from the store and have it delivered. Still wearing my "house dresses" with no cinching that touched my abdomen as when I put on loose yoga pants, underwear or whatever it feels icky against my abdomen. Ok, I apologize for my rant. Just pent up feelings, frustrations, all that I needed to get out.
Now how are YOU? Healing well? I remember you talking about your frustrations. Have things gotten better? Do you have "foods"/drinks you're disgusted by? How many days post op are you again? Let me know how things are going, ok? I was glad to see you reached out. We haven't met, but I'm here for you!
Hi Melba! I’m in mn too! I’m so sorry that you’re hurting so much but I’m so glad your hubby is so awesome! I also purchased a bunch of stuff that doesn’t taste very good, plus it smells so bad! I’m so glad you got some recipes tho. I’m not sure where in Minnesota you are, but I hope you know there’s someone here pulling for you!

Hi Melba! I’m in mn too! I’m so sorry that you’re hurting so much but I’m so glad your hubby is so awesome! I also purchased a bunch of stuff that doesn’t taste very good, plus it smells so bad! I’m so glad you got some recipes tho. I’m not sure where in Minnesota you are, but I hope you know there’s someone here pulling for you!
The weather here is great, isn't it?! LOL. I live up by Maple Grove/Rogers area. I'm pulling for you too!

Sunny today!!!! I'm going to make my first trip out of the house this afternoon. Gotta go pick up crickets for my old lady gecko and food for the cats. Wish me luck!!
Yay luck wished!! Hubby has requested a movie night, so I’m venturing out too. Hoping to sit still thru it! Still having a pinch of discomfort in the tummy from surgical stuff

Back