• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Delayed dumping syndrome?

3momchaos

Admittedly I got into my children’s Easter candy, and I’m telling you now-NOT HAPPENING AGAIN! I didn’t have dumping syndrome the way it’s described. It’s like I was constipated for a couple days then it all came out at once. Let’s just say I might weigh a little less tomorrow after what happened this morning. However, has anyone had dumping syndrome delayed that much? I had no signs the day of indulgence, and I didn’t have any sugar this morning. It was definitely terrible and a memory I’ll keep in the front of my head every time I think it’s ok to have a little treat like that LOL

Admittedly I got into my children’s Easter candy, and I’m telling you now-NOT HAPPENING AGAIN! I didn’t have dumping syndrome the way it’s described. It’s like I was constipated for a couple days then it all came out at once. Let’s just say I might weigh a little less tomorrow after what happened this morning. However, has anyone had dumping syndrome delayed that much? I had no signs the day of indulgence, and I didn’t have any sugar this morning. It was definitely terrible and a memory I’ll keep in the front of my head every time I think it’s ok to have a little treat like that LOL

It's amazing how our bodies react after WLS. Before WLS I could eat my weight in chocolate! I know - not a good thing - just a factual thing. I can't seem to tolerate much chocolate/sweets at all now. I do eat one of the microwaveable protein brownies every day that I feel the need/craving for chocolate. My husband enjoys the blueberry one. They're Klondike Cakes - double dark chocolate has 10gm of protein, 290 calories. They have me eating things high in calories-high fat-high carbs. I still c an't eat the whole muffin cup. I eat half and then finish it later on that day. We have to do whatever we have to do to stay healthy.

My dumping was brought on due to my gall bladder and multiple hernias. The dumping/throwing up was awful and painful. It's not something I care to repeat. You got this!

I think I found the true culprit. I had popcorn a couple days in a row, and even though it was air popped, it might have been too much fiber. I’ve been a little better since stopping that snack, but I think my digestive tract is still taking time to calm down.

Back