• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Denied

Cali24

BCBSil used AIMM or AIM-M managed care program they said there were additional requirements outside of BCBSil requirements of 6 months of personal train and nutritional visits that must be done simultaneously and documented. I have chosen to do these visits with my primary care out of frustration and unwillingness to pay 300 dollars a month for documentation that they require. No one is more objective than my primary care who already stated I should have this procedure. Frustrated Cali

4-9-23 started this process only to meet all the requirements for Cleveland Clinic and then denied. This attached document was only provided after the denial, peer to peer, and appeal were completed. Prior authorization was submitted originally on 11/2/23 then they required addition test second submission was 11/24/23. it is now 2/21/24 and we are just now getting this information. Ault International Medical Management and BCBSil created as situation that is designed to fail. Be aware. Now I get to start all over. These additional requirement by no health care providers discriminatory. I do not know about you but I have done just about every kind of diet imaginable. I have paid for programs and spent alot of money trying to stay healthy. This tool that work and should be allowed according to BCBSil is denied because I need a nutritionist and trainer to say I am fat enough. So sad they have further forced humiliation, time and money requirements.

I am going to my primary care for these documented visits and BCBSil will pay for them.
Frustrated.

Yes is a pain in the Butt, I went for a whole year going back and forth on an HMO because my BMI was 35, BUT I HAD comorbidities and still was giving issues, and I paid a lot of the pre-requirement test on myself...No wonder people go to Mexico and get it done for 5000 dollars.

Back