• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Depressed?

you might want to add ondansetron. whenever i get a stomach ache, I take one of those & it stops the nausea almost instantly. I used to take both, but stopped taking them until recently, when my stomach has been bothering me, though it's probably emotional rather than post-bariatric.

Hooray, Bill, on losing 84 pounds! That is so freakin awesome.

I know we say this all the time, but your body will normalize when it's ready, and the bad taste will go away, you won't have any nausea and you'll have tons of energy.

The bad taste is something a lot of people experience and there is a therapeutic way to lessen it:

View attachment 2579View attachment 2580

I have both of these brands in my bathroom, as well as the generic form of Scope. It's tedious to use them because you have to wait before you can brush your teeth or use another mouthwash, but these mouthwashes contain a form of industrialized bleach, which you can smell a little, but they WORK.

Not only do they deal with bad breath, they change the flora of the mouth and that helps decrease any bad taste.

I also lost weight in my feet! Crazy, huh? I lost a ring size, too. People will lose weight in different parts of their bodies and it's weird when it happens. You've been so compliant, it's almost scary to read your posts sometimes.

You've consistent lost about 30 pounds a month, and you're still sticking to it. For those of us who are single or don't cook for a family or friends, the weight loss is usually greater, but the important thing for you is that it's been consistent over a LONG time.

Congratulations, as well, on becoming a Bariatric Guru! That's so awesome. You give great advice and share your story honestly and well. You've become a real asset to this group, and you know how much I personally enjoy our raps. Thank you for being here. I'm sure the other men in the group are also even more grateful for your presence. Brotherhood!

I just have one question for you: when are you going to spike your hair? o_O You know I'm joking, but it would be a good look for you, honestly. When you get to your goal with spiked hair, you could look like Sting!
Thanks for sharing the mouth wash info. I have an awful taste in my mouth all the time too, and it's so dry! I got some dry mouth spray, but needed something for the icky taste. Bleh!

I don’t know how to put this but I guess you could say i‘ve been depressed for a couple of weeks now. I guess ,we’ll I know I miss some of the foods I used to enjoy like this past week at a Universal Studios and 3 days of going to Disneyland. My wifes family that came to visit and go with us knew I had the surgery so it was no problem from them . The problem was I missed having a hamburger on a bun and fries instead of eating just a plain burger while everyone else was eating regularly. I missed Disneylands famous corn dogs which I love and there corn chowder in a sourdough bowl and the pizza while I ate just a small salad. Missed having steak when we barbecued today . I had yet another plain burger with some grilled pineapple ( I did like that ) and I had some potato chips without any problems. But I’m tired most of all of eating the same things over and over because there is no variety . Also nothing tastes the same either or smells funny and there’s also a bad taste n my mouth during the day and stomach gets sore. Yeah I knew what I was getting into I knew the repucusssions I know I have to live like this and I’m damn glad I’m losing weight. Constantly looking up different ways to eat the things I can eat . I’m picky don’t like chicken or fish. I have had tacos that i like at a Mexican restaurant a couple of times but even those taste different. My normal week of foods are refried beans, chilli,eggs,egg salad,deli meat wrapped around cheese, salads,cottage cheese and yogurt. M not that hungry anymore sometimes skipping a meal or two. I think I already know what im going to hear from everyone but I am kinda reaching out. So not to happy lately and like I said I knew what I was in for .
I'm with you, Bill. The same things day in and day out. Thanks for saying what I was thinking. Wow, I would just love to have a corn dog. I have a feeling I will get over it when I am released to go back to work and don't have as much time on my hands to worry about what's for lunch anymore. Hope you are feeling groovy soon too.

i promise you, it gets completely normal after a while and then all you have to do is make sure you get your protein in and control the size of your portions. you can be thin the rest of your life. and if you add exercise of some kind, you can build muscle and shape to your physique as well. before you know it, you'll look really hot! seriously.

Congratulations on your success Bill. Have you thought about counselling to address some of your feelings? They are completely normal especially in people with food addiction that causes brain hunger. Despite not being hungry I think about the foods I used to enjoy all the time. I’m going to counselling so I don’t cross the line into a full blown depression. I wish you all the best in your journey!

Back