• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Did it!

I got the bariatric surgery one week ago today! No problems. Had a couple of periods of nausea because I had cream of wheat. Evidently I can't tolerate it very well. I am so beyond thrilled. Suffering with constipation but living with it. It's a problem but I'm so happy on my little pink cloud that I can deal with it. I was so afraid it wouldn't happen and I finally got it. It was 3 or 4 years that I had to wait and jump through hoops so I get to my pink cloud. Now comes the other work of eating properly, exercising, and drinking liquids as well as connecting in with people for support but that seems so easy after all that time! YAY!!!

try a glycerin suppository to move stool down from intestine to rectum. It's icky and still hard to do, but it's like Robin Williams said in "Fisher King," that it's a bowel movement that borders on the spiritual! and Metamucil saved my life. I advise everyone to start using it before surgery and continue afterward, as it not only makes everything easier, but adds necessary fiber to your diet.

try a glycerin suppository to move stool down from intestine to rectum. It's icky and still hard to do, but it's like Robin Williams said in "Fisher King," that it's a bowel movement that borders on the spiritual! and Metamucil saved my life. I advise everyone to start using it before surgery and continue afterward, as it not only makes everything easier, but adds necessary fiber to your diet.
Tried the suppository and it was a medical miracle. Still sore but my insides are cheering

I got the bariatric surgery one week ago today! No problems. Had a couple of periods of nausea because I had cream of wheat. Evidently I can't tolerate it very well. I am so beyond thrilled. Suffering with constipation but living with it. It's a problem but I'm so happy on my little pink cloud that I can deal with it. I was so afraid it wouldn't happen and I finally got it. It was 3 or 4 years that I had to wait and jump through hoops so I get to my pink cloud. Now comes the other work of eating properly, exercising, and drinking liquids as well as connecting in with people for support but that seems so easy after all that time! YAY!!!
Maybe start with Benefiber. Colorless, tasteless, dissolves completely, and can be mixed with anything liquid. I used Gatorade Zero or flavored water. Check 1st with your bariatric team to make sure of what they recommend.

Metamucil may work well after several months, but it probably is too rough for your healing insides. I started with Benefiber, then switched to Metamucil around 6 months after gastric bypass surgery. Great poops daily!!!

Back