• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Disappointed in myself...

CJHersom

Hi everyone. My name is Christine and I had my gastric in November of 2009. I had started with a weight of 396 and made it all the way to 215 about 6 months ago. Im now back up to 250. I can't even tell you what went wrong, how I let myself go backwards...it just has. Life has a way of getting in the way sometimes, an apparently I have focused more on all the outer stuff in mine, than the inner of myself. I am struggling to get back on track...the stress of knowing that I have failed myself is a barrier that I cant seem to hurdle over. Im wondering if there are others out there that have gone through this period of time after surgery, feeling liking a failure, but picking yourself back up by your big girl panties (or big boys) and trucking along and overcoming??:( :eek:

CJ-If you get a chance to read the posts in this forum you will see a few that have the same issue as you are experiencing. I'm still pre-surgical but have been through weight gain while dieting and can only say it happens to most of us. This doesn't mean you failed, it means you're human. Just try to get back on your diet plan when you are ready and have another go at it. You will find a lot of support here. Please come back to visit and post so we know how you are doing. Also, I'm sure you will be able to offer others some valuable advice!

Don't give up on yourself ! Most of all don't be so hard on yourself either ! We all have made mistakes with our weight loss. I know I sure have. It is so easy to get in a rut and undue what we worked so hard to accomplish. Sometime we have to just start all over again like you just had your surgery . I had Lap Band Feb,28th. It is so easy at time to eat all the wrong things in my case anyway because they go down easier. I had a new fill this week and am starting all over again so don't feel like you are alone. Take care Have a very Merry Christmas and hang in there.

Have you considered doing the 5 day pouch test? It will help you reset your pouch and get back on track. I know others who hace done this.

Back