• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Dizzy and weak

If you're having a physical problem, contact your medical team. Never look for physical advice from others, because we are all so different. Even the way you get dizzy might be different from the way I get dizzy.

But more importantly, any physical discomfort needs to be reported to a doctor because it might indicate a larger problem. Do not hesitate. Ask a professional.

I just had surgery on July 26, 2023 so I’m only like 13 days out. I am so dizzy and weak. I only have one more week off of work. What do I need to do to get stronger
Definitely contact your team. They want to know if there's a problem so they can advise you how to fix it. I was weak in the beginning, let's face it you're not getting a lot of calories AND you just had major surgery. Sip your protein all day long. My nutrition team told us that in the beginning the only thing they wanted us to concentrate on was protein and fluids, not to worry about calories.

Back