• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

dopping blood pressure when standing

booly

wondering if anyone else has had this problem ? my top number will drop as much as 50 points when standing up can't exercise without dizziness getting plenty of fluids , DR. can't tell what it is yet ....VERY FRUSTRATED

wondering if anyone else has had this problem ? my top number will drop as much as 50 points when standing up can't exercise without dizziness getting plenty of fluids , DR. can't tell what it is yet ....VERY FRUSTRATED

I recently have had problems with my blood pressure and heart rate even when I'm laying down. Blood pressure was reading 70/50.. 64/50 etc for awhile now it's more like 90/70 and my heart rate was in the 30s (31 to 40) buzzers kept going off for most of the time. I didn't really feel dizzy though. They took me off some meds but it didn't change my readings for over a month. Now my blood pressure and heart rate are somewhat better. My heart rate actually went up to 60 recently.

Are you on any heart medication or bloodpressure meds? That can lower your blood pressure too much once you are losing weight. My doctors were talking about giving me a pacemaker a couple weeks ago. Now hopefully I may not need it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Cheyenne

Are you still on meds for blood pressure or heart rate?

I came off all my meds within the first month. I would hope that you are off the meds.

I would be terribly disappointed in your Doctor and his team if you are having all these issues while he or your GP has kept you on BP or heart meds.

Otherwise, there may be something else seriously wrong.

Time to then see another Doctor about your issues since they may be beyond bariatric surgery.

Ralph

I have stopped my motoporal for about 8 days now just seen heart doctor Monday now stopped lisinopril will give it a few days ... I have my compression socks waiting for next step ... Thanks for responding never thought I would be frustrated for not being able to go to the gym lol

Back