• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Down 80 pounds!

Badgy

Hey guys! Just a quick check-in. I'm down 80 lbs since I started this journey, and down 60 since VSG WLS Dec 8th.

This journey has been full of ups and downs - mostly ups. Now that I'm all vaccinated i joined a fitness club to attempt to tone these wiggly bits. We shall see how that goes. Lol (not a fan of exercise... or sweating...or both simultaneously).

Still tracking every macro and I prob will for at least the next decade. I slip up every now and then but get right back at it. I feel like I'm racing the reset clock everyday to establish superb lifelong habits. And I feel like all the weight I lost is all still there, invisibly hiding near me - just waiting for the opportunity to return. (Where did it go? 80 pounds of me went SOMEWHERE.) So weird.

I used to read posts from others how they lost upwards of 200 pounds but still felt that emotional fatness. I thought that wouldn't happen to me - but this past week I have started feeling as big as I felt when I was actually big. It's clearly a dysmorphia and yet too real.

Yes, the dreaded hair loss arrived in April. Fortunately for me, I have so much hair that it's only noticeable to me.. and my cat. Let's just say I saw a piece of poo chasing her thru the house the other day and I'm pretty sure it wasn't alive. Hehe

My bloodwork is great so far. My parathyroid problem self-corrected post-op, and my cholesterol dropped a few bad points while gaining a few good ones.

I've discovered a large calcium structure under my skin. It's knobby and annoying. Since my husband lost nearly 60 pounds with me (non-surgically) we are literally boning each other. Make of that what you will. Lol

That's all I can think of. Trying to cover bases for those of you pre-op.

Hey guys! Just a quick check-in. I'm down 80 lbs since I started this journey, and down 60 since VSG WLS Dec 8th.

This journey has been full of ups and downs - mostly ups. Now that I'm all vaccinated i joined a fitness club to attempt to tone these wiggly bits. We shall see how that goes. Lol (not a fan of exercise... or sweating...or both simultaneously).

Still tracking every macro and I prob will for at least the next decade. I slip up every now and then but get right back at it. I feel like I'm racing the reset clock everyday to establish superb lifelong habits. And I feel like all the weight I lost is all still there, invisibly hiding near me - just waiting for the opportunity to return. (Where did it go? 80 pounds of me went SOMEWHERE.) So weird.

I used to read posts from others how they lost upwards of 200 pounds but still felt that emotional fatness. I thought that wouldn't happen to me - but this past week I have started feeling as big as I felt when I was actually big. It's clearly a dysmorphia and yet too real.

Yes, the dreaded hair loss arrived in April. Fortunately for me, I have so much hair that it's only noticeable to me.. and my cat. Let's just say I saw a piece of poo chasing her thru the house the other day and I'm pretty sure it wasn't alive. Hehe

My bloodwork is great so far. My parathyroid problem self-corrected post-op, and my cholesterol dropped a few bad points while gaining a few good ones.

I've discovered a large calcium structure under my skin. It's knobby and annoying. Since my husband lost nearly 60 pounds with me (non-surgically) we are literally boning each other. Make of that what you will. Lol

That's all I can think of. Trying to cover bases for those of you pre-op.

Fantastic! Congratulations!

Back