• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Dr. Duc Vuong

LisaLisa

I stumbled across Dr. V by accident and found he is a wealth of knowledge. He really tells it like it is, and frankly some of it is hard to hear even though he says it with compassion. He's direct and humorous as he explains just about everything you ever wanted to know about surgery, the body, and the mind games associated with weight loss.

One little nugget he described is that when the omentum (the layer of fat that protects our organs) is detached from our stomach area to perform our WLS, the surgeon does not need to reattach it, because it will migrate back and attach itself! How wild is that? Our bodies are insanely complicated and capable of doing amazing things!

Anyway, if you have some time, he is worth watching. Here's the link to his videos.
Duc C. Vuong

I stumbled across Dr. V by accident and found he is a wealth of knowledge. He really tells it like it is, and frankly some of it is hard to hear even though he says it with compassion. He's direct and humorous as he explains just about everything you ever wanted to know about surgery, the body, and the mind games associated with weight loss.

One little nugget he described is that when the omentum (the layer of fat that protects our organs) is detached from our stomach area to perform our WLS, the surgeon does not need to reattach it, because it will migrate back and attach itself! How wild is that? Our bodies are insanely complicated and capable of doing amazing things!

Anyway, if you have some time, he is worth watching. Here's the link to his videos.
Duc C. Vuong
I'm glad you stumbled across him, I did too, about a year ago and am a big fan! I know there are a couple others on the site who really like him too. Thanks for posting a link for anyone who doesn't know him yet. :)

I was a huge fan until I did his weight loss challenge. There is a LOT of "mean girls" going on under the surface and that "support" was the opposite of supportive. I still love his info and how he tells it like it is, but I cannot and won't get involved deeper again.
Wow, El. That never should have happened to you. I have never seen one of his videos or participated in anything of course. But it's good to hear a dissenting opinion, since most people have spoken about this man as if he were God.

My opinion after having a successful surgical outcome and 13 years of continued success is that there's not a diet on Earth that I would ever go on now. I learned how to eat and it has been super easy for me to maintain my weight at my body's new set point. I avoid diets like the plague.

And girl I can really relate to the mean girl thing. I have experienced it in Weight Watchers and here in this group. As much as I love everyone here, we are all human and we all can have very bad moments.

Let me just say I have always supported you, I have always read your posts and listen to everything you have said. I consider you a valued member of this group and I'm glad you're here.

I was a huge fan until I did his weight loss challenge. There is a LOT of "mean girls" going on under the surface and that "support" was the opposite of supportive. I still love his info and how he tells it like it is, but I cannot and won't get involved deeper again.
oh NO one needs that! I'm sorry you experienced that. I just like to hear his stories, and have no interest in buying in.

Back