• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Drastic

3momchaos

I am still losing hair-I’m sure I jinxed myself by saying I had plenty extra to lose so it wouldn’t bother me-and it’s still not enough to bother me, but I felt like it was time for a big change. I’ve never had the courage to have a short hair cut in adulthood, never thought it would look good with my face. I just got it done, but I’m loving it! I’m really excited about my weight loss, but I’m more excited about my confidence!

Wow! Look at you gorgeous!!!! Your face just lights up!! Great cut for summer too. I have been letting mine grow because of the hair loss. I put it up in a pony tail (as sorry as that thin thing looks). I'm afraid if I get it cut short it will look like I have no hair at all. I bought a cute clip on hairpiece that is all curls and makes it look like I have a cute curly ponytail. I do see a lot of hair regrowth. I have lots of "Alfalfa" hairs coming up (I'm dating myself there, for those who don't know who Alfalfa is). And on the side temples lots of new growth there. So I am thinking in the fall or before the end of year holidays I will get it cut.

I love your picture. OMG you are the poster child of successful bariatric surgery after all of your hard work. Sorry if I'm gushing, but I can just imagine what I can be capable of achieving. Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words. Thank you for sharing your fabulous new look!

You look gorgeous and I am jealous of how MUCH hair you have! i Had very thin hair to begin with, but a few months after surgery, it started falling out in clumps. Ugh. I had to break down and buy a wig (ok, it’s a half wig).....or else i planned on wearing hats and day every day. Thankfully, a friend with some “wig” experience helped be pick one out. It is the perfect color, texture, and amount of hair. it looks good......I can just never seem to let go of the idea that there is a varmint (pet name for the wig...lol”) plopped on top of my head. I have had to have a conversation with myself that wearing a size 8 jeans is a whole lot more important that having a varmint on my head while the hair grows back.

You look gorgeous and I am jealous of how MUCH hair you have! i Had very thin hair to begin with, but a few months after surgery, it started falling out in clumps. Ugh. I had to break down and buy a wig (ok, it’s a half wig).....or else i planned on wearing hats and day every day. Thankfully, a friend with some “wig” experience helped be pick one out. It is the perfect color, texture, and amount of hair. it looks good......I can just never seem to let go of the idea that there is a varmint (pet name for the wig...lol”) plopped on top of my head. I have had to have a conversation with myself that wearing a size 8 jeans is a whole lot more important that having a varmint on my head while the hair grows back.
With all your 'varmint' talk I'm thinking you might be a fellow WV-ian! Lol :D We have lots of critters around here that could def double as hair wear!

I am still losing hair-I’m sure I jinxed myself by saying I had plenty extra to lose so it wouldn’t bother me-and it’s still not enough to bother me, but I felt like it was time for a big change. I’ve never had the courage to have a short hair cut in adulthood, never thought it would look good with my face. I just got it done, but I’m loving it! I’m really excited about my weight loss, but I’m more excited about my confidence!View attachment 3770
You look absolutely stunning

I saved my old bathing suit since I have a photo wearing it the before I started my 2 week liquid diet. So, on the anniversary I am going to take a picture in the old bathing suit and the new bathing suit. I've bought 3 new bathing suits and I don't even have a pool lol We do live very close to the beach so we go a lot during the summer.

I saved my old bathing suit since I have a photo wearing it the before I started my 2 week liquid diet. So, on the anniversary I am going to take a picture in the old bathing suit and the new bathing suit. I've bought 3 new bathing suits and I don't even have a pool lol We do live very close to the beach so we go a lot during the summer.
Oh lucky you to live close to the beach! That almost happened for me but my husband changed his mind about moving. :rolleyes: I bought 2 new suits before going on vacation. We only used the heated pool one day because it was unusually cool in NC that week and I froze when I got out of the water! :D But we do have a pool, I haven't been in it for a few years now but I will get back in now!!

Back