• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Drastic

Karen-
You caught me. Not from WV....but from the “sophisticated” state to your south ..... North Carolina. We gots plenty of varmints round here......
I almost hate to admit it but I've actually caught three grown possums. Grab 'em by the tail, and if they try to curl up & bite, just shake 'em til they settle back down. No, I never figured on wearing one, but just in case... LOL.

I've been thru NC several times, from the mt areas to Charlotte. It's a beautiful state. I live along the Ohio River; I can watch barges going by out my living room window.

Btw No I didn't keep the possums, although I bet they are full of protein. Anyone have a good possum stew recipe? :D For real I know someone whose mom cooked whatever the boys caught as long as they skinned & cleaned them first. She told me they brought her a groundhog. She parboiled it 1st & then baked it. Ummm no thanks! :p

I have never liked me in short hair. My hair has been Long for a very long time. In 2018 I cut 13 inches off and husband did not notice for over 3 weeks. My best friend came to visit and gave him a good speaking to. He never realized he could read the back of my tshirts because my hair was shorter. It was still below my shoulder. Lately I have been keeping it at the bottom of my bra line and not down to my tailbone. As far as losing I am taking 10000 mg of biotin for hair and nails. But some days the extra in the hair brush is intimidating. I am 3.5 months out so I am being brave and keeping happy thoughts. 3momchaos you pic is inspiring. Have fun

The pic I have is about 1 month before surgery... try biotin (supplement) and keeping protein at 90. I haven’t lost any hair in 5-6 weeks post op.
I can’t take biotin, well anymore than what’s in my multivitamin, because it interferes with thyroid meds. I am getting about 110 grams of protein on average now. The hair loss is slowing down but not done. Part of it is my Hashimotos being out of wack. It’ll all even out eventually.

Back