• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

drink water, lose weight

On The NeverEnding subject of water oh, I have found some interesting articles and excerpts you may want to know about. Here's one: it just makes me really feel confident and beautiful I didn't expect that there would be something that would work so easily

In an eight-week study published in 2013, when 50 girls with excess weight drank about two cups of water half an hour before breakfast, lunch, and dinner without any additional dietary changes, they lost weight and saw reductions in body mass index and body composition scores.

It's not magic: Drinking water appears to stimulate thermogenesis, or heat production, in the body, particularly when it's chilled. The body has to expend energy to warm the fluid to body temperature, and the more energy expended by your body, the faster your metabolism (the process by which your body converts what you eat and drink into energy) runs. Specifically, drinking about two cups of 71°F water led to a 30% average increase in the metabolic rates of 14 healthy adults in a small 2003 study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism.

Back