• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Drinking more water.

Water weight, your body is probably holding onto it especially if you have already went through a period of dehydration.
Relax, follow your plan and you WILL loose weight!

I lost 19 lbs, then gained 4, then lost nothing for about 2 weeks and then started dropping like crazy.
Everyone is different, every body adjust and copes with shocks in different ways.

I hope you're right
Cause I really want to do the right thing
. But its very disappointing when I get on the scale in the morning and I've been gaining atleast one lbs or more. Just by drinking extra water.
I understand that, how often do you weigh yourself? Maybe cut back because EVERYONE fluctuates but sometimes those fluctuations really effect some peoples mental state.
I only weigh myself on Monday mornings.

Very true. They also recommend using other types of "measuring" to track your loss, like the feel of your clothes, waist and arm measurements and such. Exercise also builds muscle mass which is heavier than fat mass, so if you are also exercising you may be gaining muscle while losing fat, therefore gain weight. But overall healthier.

Very true. They also recommend using other types of "measuring" to track your loss, like the feel of your clothes, waist and arm measurements and such. Exercise also builds muscle mass which is heavier than fat mass, so if you are also exercising you may be gaining muscle while losing fat, therefore gain weight. But overall healthier.
I am massively arachnophobic and your profile picture is freaking me the F out! :eek::eek::eek::oops::oops::oops: Over here with the heebee jeebee's

I understand that, how often do you weigh yourself? Maybe cut back because EVERYONE fluctuates but sometimes those fluctuations really effect some peoples mental state.
Me too. Monday morning weigh in only. Otherwise I would freak out over every little fluctuation. As long as you are drinking 64-80ozs and get your 60-80gs of protein daily, and keep moving, you WILL lose weight.

I don't see much difference on my clothes. I haven't done much exercise lately. A week today I had hand surgery on both hands. So I haven't even taken my dogs out for their walks. My hands are bandaged up. I get the stitches removed Tuesday. Hopefully things can go back to the way things were. I'm bored all I do is watch TV. I can't get my hands wet. Or clean to much. Washing my hair either my husband or my daughter has to do it for me. I guess depression is setting in. Can't wait till next Tuesday.

I weigh myself everyday. I tell myself that I won't weigh in. Then I see the scale then that's it. If I gain or don't lose any weight I get very frustrated and feel like a failure.

I weigh myself everyday. I tell myself that I won't weigh in. Then I see the scale then that's it. If I gain or don't lose any weight I get very frustrated and feel like a failure.
I do the exact same thing. I just told my husband he needs to hide the scale for me because otherwise I get really upset if I'm up a pound or something.

I've done that before. It took me all day until I found it behind the dryer in my basement. Lol
I keep mine pushed out of view under the bed. Please try to make weighing yourself less frequently one of your new healthier lifestyle habits. It really is difficult to see your progress when you weigh yourself daily.

Maybe try asking yourself why are you doing something daily that does nothing to lift your spirits. Others may be able to word this better, but you are working on your mind as well as your body. Try not to self saboutage your efforts. You are awesome, you already have come so far, and the best is yet to come. You've got this!

Thank you. I'm always looking back. And I was always on top of things I ate through out the day. But it has me thinking. I'm going through menopause I'm 8 months out. 4 months to go then I will be done with menopause for good. But today looking back I was wondering if this has something to do with it. It just seems that's much harder now. I have a appointment coming up with my gynecologist. I'm definitely going to ask if this can affect me gaining and not being able to loose weight.

I'm going through menopause I'm 8 months out. 4 months to go then I will be done with menopause for good.

My mom went through menopause for YEARS. She had an irregular cycle and 9 pregnancies (8 live births).

I had dysmenorrhea, then instant, intense menopause, abracadabra, all gone.

I'd be prepared for a few curve balls. And don't forget the mt. Everest of emotional highs that come. Bonus!

I had a hysterectomy to stop the flow, but hormones cannot be controlled.

Back