• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

DS Revision on 9/23

Congratulations on your decision. How long ago did you have the lap band? They've been around for about 40 years. But they typically ended up growing into your stomach so a lot of people end up having revision surgery. You could have had the sleeve or the RYGB, but you decided on the duodenal switch. What went into your thought process when you were deciding people here are always interested in the variety of surgery and it's always interesting to know someone's thought process. So, what made you choose the DS? And welcome to the group!

Congratulations on your decision. How long ago did you have the lap band? They've been around for about 40 years. But they typically ended up growing into your stomach so a lot of people end up having revision surgery. You could have had the sleeve or the RYGB, but you decided on the duodenal switch. What went into your thought process when you were deciding people here are always interested in the variety of surgery and it's always interesting to know someone's thought process. So, what made you choose the DS? And welcome to the group!
For an educated woman I put little thought into the decision. I took the surgeon's recco. Because I had to remove the band quickly I just went with it...no pre-diet to shrink liver or nutrition education. It was an open incision that didn't heal for months. I am way more prepared this time. Thanks.

For an educated woman I put little thought into the decision. I took the surgeon's recco. Because I had to remove the band quickly I just went with it...no pre-diet to shrink liver or nutrition education. It was an open incision that didn't heal for months. I am way more prepared this time. Thanks.

I hope your surgery went well and that you're home recovering. Please keep us posted when you can, I am very interested in DS since it wasn't suggested as an option for me. I'd love to compare notes. :)

Hi All. I am home three days post-op from my DS revision. I ended up not getting any sleeve revision because of too much scar tissue from the old lap band. The surgeon made up for that in reducing the intestine by 5 1/2 feet. I have to say compared to my original surgery or my recent hernia repair this was way easier! I'm on liquid and have only had 4 pain pills since surgery. I know it would have been tougher if the sleeve was revised. As of now though, just needing the bowel to heal and will be on full liquid in 3 days. Woo hoo! Let the healing begin! C

Back