• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

eating better

gofish50

So i struggle at times understanding labels and eating correctly....I do not like a lot of vegtables but i have managed to add a couple i havent eatin......My brain is a pain in my butt.....Food addiction is so brutal...I catch myself being tricked into eating some stuff i shouldnt eat and dont want to eat but eat it any way. Bad part is i am not even hungry...I guess i get bored and want to eat...glad i am going back to work on tuesday so i can get back to a better routine that i know i can get in. Has anyone tried a nutrishinest and see them regularly????? How does the education work for you????? Is there a good web site on nutrtion and label reading???? want to learn and not guess when i look at the confusing labels....

So i struggle at times understanding labels and eating correctly....I do not like a lot of vegtables but i have managed to add a couple i havent eatin......My brain is a pain in my butt.....Food addiction is so brutal...I catch myself being tricked into eating some stuff i shouldnt eat and dont want to eat but eat it any way. Bad part is i am not even hungry...I guess i get bored and want to eat...glad i am going back to work on tuesday so i can get back to a better routine that i know i can get in. Has anyone tried a nutrishinest and see them regularly????? How does the education work for you????? Is there a good web site on nutrtion and label reading???? want to learn and not guess when i look at the confusing labels....
My doctor requires at least a one time visit with a nutritionist before surgery and again at 6 weeks post op. I found the nutritionist to be very helpful. I have eating issues, but I am having bypass surgery, so that will take care of binge eating and eating things that are not good for me. I hope you are able to get your eating under control.

Please Dont mis lead yourself, just because you have surgery doesnt mean you wont eat out of control. You just find a new way to do it. I had my nutritionist visits also.( Not sure if you have a choice on what kind of percedure you can have but i chose the sleeve due to the potential of taking medications later in life. With bypass you dont have all options available when it comes to medication, just fyi on my experience)

Please Dont mis lead yourself, just because you have surgery doesnt mean you wont eat out of control. You just find a new way to do it. I had my nutritionist visits also.( Not sure if you have a choice on what kind of percedure you can have but i chose the sleeve due to the potential of taking medications later in life. With bypass you dont have all options available when it comes to medication, just fyi on my experience)
I am having bypass, so yes I do have limitations as to what I eat unless I want to be ill. My stomach will only be a max of 4 oz, unlike the larger stomach allowed a sleeve patient. Sugars, caffeine and carbonated beverages are out. From discussing with my doc, the bypass is much more of a life change than a sleeve. I wanted a sleeve, but insurance would not pay for it. After talking to a friend who had one and hearing what she eats, sodas and cinnamon rolls, I know my bad eating habits would come back to haunt me. As for meds. I'm on a lot of them. I just have to space out how I take them and no extended release meds. A little nervous about this huge change in my life.

Hi! I am new to the board and came across your thread. Did you decide on a nutritionist? I found it helpful, but not long term. (I am 10 years post band)

Is there something particularly Confusing you about the labels? It's is ingredients? Or learning the carbs vs sugar vs calories vs serving sizing etc? Or vitamins/mineral content?

I am happy ot answer questions from my experiences. I know it can all be a bit overwhelming.

Back