• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Energy level?

Everyone responds according to the biological makeup of his.her body.

If you have chronic fatigue, you should be talking to a doctor about that. It could be a symptom of something more serious.

My energy level improved immediately. I started hiking the North Cascades as often as possible. I was a freakin mountain goat. I went to the Y about six days a week. My biggest challenge was buying clothes that fit my new body. I haunted the thrift stores so I could afford to dress as I got smaller and smaller.

Being morbidly obese was a barrier to my physical and mental health. I'm 17 years out and I eat well and have tons of energy at the age of 72. I hope others will chime in here and share their experiences, but for the most part, for as long as I've been a member of this group, I've read positive messages.

However, I have a theory that the more obese you are before surgery, the more aches and pains you'll feel going down. But it will get better if you add in some light exercise like walking, or some of the easy, non-aerobic exercises you can sign up for at a gym.

I doubt you'll trade off a bad thing for a bad thing.

I forgot my Before picture:

1699136858464.jpeg

Have you been in for blood work? Some people have issues with vitamin deficiency. Are you taking your post op bariatric vitamins as directed? Are you getting proper nutrition?
By a year our, I felt great. I'm 3 years out and still feel fabulous. I have so much energy and the finally have the physical ability to BE active. So, no you should not be exchanging sickness. First get a check up, some blood work and see what's going on with your body. Good luck.

Back