• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Everybody has a turning point

abandster

I have talked to lots and lots of people regarding wls. I was a support group leader during my experience with the band. EVERYBODY has something that happens in their life that pushes the envelope and they choose surgery as a "last resort". Problem is, its not a "fix" or a "magic bullet". Its stimple a tool to use in your quest to get healthy.

My turning point was the night I took my parents out to eat dinner on their anniversary. They'd been married 60 years at the time. after dinner, we stopped by a shoe store as I was looking for something in particular. I tried on some shoes, pulled my pants leg up to show my mother the shoes and my ankles were so swollen my legs looked like tree stumps. My mother, who is a heart patient, new what that meant. My heart wasn't strong enough to pump the blood from my feet back to my heart.

The next day, mother called me crying and said "I can't lose my daughter". She knew this condition was a death warrant as, eventually, my heart was just going to get too tired and stop.

So, that was my turning point. Everybody has one and that's mine.

It's great to see you are here and in the group. When did you have the band? How have you been doing since? I look forward to hearing more about you and your experiences.

I have talked to lots and lots of people regarding wls. I was a support group leader during my experience with the band. EVERYBODY has something that happens in their life that pushes the envelope and they choose surgery as a "last resort". Problem is, its not a "fix" or a "magic bullet". Its stimple a tool to use in your quest to get healthy.

My turning point was the night I took my parents out to eat dinner on their anniversary. They'd been married 60 years at the time. after dinner, we stopped by a shoe store as I was looking for something in particular. I tried on some shoes, pulled my pants leg up to show my mother the shoes and my ankles were so swollen my legs looked like tree stumps. My mother, who is a heart patient, new what that meant. My heart wasn't strong enough to pump the blood from my feet back to my heart.

The next day, mother called me crying and said "I can't lose my daughter". She knew this condition was a death warrant as, eventually, my heart was just going to get too tired and stop.

So, that was my turning point. Everybody has one and that's mine.
Check out this post from 2011. What a lucky person to have such a great mom!

Back