• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Excitement, funny, kind, worry, sad, frustrated, comfort, friends

KristiLyn

My hope for coming to this group is that we feel comfortable sharing with each other without harsh responses. Sometimes I come here and I'm feeling one or more of the things I listed in the title. I suppose that we are all that way. I would hope to be someone you'd feel you could go to coffee with because that's the type of person I am.

I personally rely on this group to keep myself focused. It turns out I do not have to stop rating after 3 bites, I don't really get dumping syndrome and can see how I could easily gain the weight back. So I will never be a person that doesn't have to pay attention to food and my relationship with it.

While occasionally there may be a harsh response, usually everyone is very supportive. It is a VERY fine line between giving yourself some grace and making excuses. Just like its a fine line between holding yourself accountable and beating yourself up.

Sometimes if a response seems harsh, we are really just pointing out that someone sounds like they are on the wrong side of those lines. And sometimes a response just IS harsh, sadly. I hope you can power through them if they come, as that is NOT the norm.

Back