• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Exercising withPlantar fasciitis

I’ve been dealing with foot pain for a while and I’m doing all the stretches, and wear orthotics, but my foot is still killing me... I know being nearly 300 lbs isn’t helping matters, but it’s hard for me to workout... had anyone else dealt with plantar fasciitis and trying to lose weight? How did you exercise? I’m in the process to getting VSG cause I feel like it will help my feet getting the weight off so I could become more active. As of now I e been maintaining my weight which they say is good cause it shows consistency, but I’d love to lose some weight on my own before I have surgery.

Nothing helped my PF. Spent a year in PT to no benefit. I bought sandals from Walk the Walk and ended up wearing them always, never any other shoe. They not only helped my PF but my lumbar also. I'd had two fusions in my lumbar but it still bothered me. As for PF, I had the PF release (surgery similar to carpal tunnel release) and haven't looked back. I still wear the sandals for my back but the surgery did the trick.

Back