• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Failing

TillieS

Hi everyone. It has been a loooooong time since I have either posted or visited. I feel like I.am failing miseably. I had surgery on my knees. First the right then the left. I recovered nicely from the rt knee but, i am having major set backs from the left knee. I got a little depressed because I couldn't get into the gym and I fell back into some old habits. My has been hurting really badly. I called my docs office and I am waiting for a call back. I am getting over my pity party and hopefully I.can get back on track. I hope everyone is well.

We all have our battles, but you show strength in coming back and asking for help/support. One day at a time and making choices and owning our decisions can be very powerful. I wish you the strength to get back on track!

Hi everyone. It has been a loooooong time since I have either posted or visited. I feel like I.am failing miseably. I had surgery on my knees. First the right then the left. I recovered nicely from the rt knee but, i am having major set backs from the left knee. I got a little depressed because I couldn't get into the gym and I fell back into some old habits. My has been hurting really badly. I called my docs office and I am waiting for a call back. I am getting over my pity party and hopefully I.can get back on track. I hope everyone is well.

Hi Tillie! I was just thinking of you the other day. So happy to hear from you. :)

Sorry your left knee is giving you problems. I hope you will be feeling better soon!!!

Jump back on the program and you will be losing again in short time! I have been at a plateau for a couple months now but I am ready to move on.

Good luck to you! Please stay active on the forum, we have missed you!!!

Cheyenne

Knee surgery is a very difficult and usually very painful recovery process.

I am so happy when I hear folks have knee surgery and no problem.

This was the experience for your right knee.

However, with your left knee it is going a little bit tougher. This is normally typical.

My wife went through knee surgery at the best hospital in the USA; Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. She had one of the best surgeons in the nation. At least we knew the best was performing.

She had 6 months of pain. She had to take pain meds intensively for the first month or so before she was able to back off the pain meds. She had on-going pain for 6 months and required some level of pain management all through the rehab process. She worked hard at physical therapy and finally got her full motion back. It took 6 months before the pain subsided completely.

Today, she is a very happy lady. She has regained full use of her right knee. She can dance again, walk again , etc. etc.

So hang in there. It is normally a very tough experience.

You are NOT alone in your difficulty.

In the meantime, you are not failing miserably. You have had three major surgeries in less than a year. That takes a lot out of you.

Be well. Be encouraged by my wife' ultimate success. Be strong and you will do fine.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Back