• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Family support

dmr

Has anyone ever started a support group for the family members whose loved ones suffer with morbid obesity? Speaking from experience there are unique challenges that we face and it would be nice to talk about ways to support our loved ones while expressing our conflicted feelings.

I haven't started a group, but maybe I should. My hubby could use it.

DMR and Christine, thank you so much for your input!! We have created a tab for 'Family Members of Bariatric Patients' on our homepage if you would like to invite your loved ones to join so that they may express their feelings and talk with other family members that are in a similar situation to theirs :)

DMR and Christine, thank you so much for your input!! We have created a tab for 'Family Members of Bariatric Patients' on our homepage if you would like to invite your loved ones to join so that they may express their feelings and talk with other family members that are in a similar situation to theirs :)
Thanks for doing that!!! Hadn't thought of an online group. Only in person. Great idea.

Back