• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Fantasizing

Johna

Im a little over three weeks post-op and continue to visualize and fantasize about all the foods I currently can't have. I feel like a bad addict...lol. Please tell me I'm not alone in this and that it goes away!!!

JOHNA YOU are not alone, I am 4 months post op and I still think about the foods that are "forbidden" I was told it's a mind and stomach battle, that we've spent most of o'er ur lives enjoying food for taste, pleasure to be a fixer -up when down, when happy etc. yes our taste buds change but our mind still remembers the pleasure we had when eating certain foods, but it does get better, I admit it was rough the first few months but it's getting a lot better.you are human and most of us have went through and are still going through what you are be faced with. one bite and one day at a time. have you been to this web site called" The world according to eggface.org she had the bariatric surgery she has endless ideas, receipes and tells about products she has used that make our foods taste better and offer some variety, I love her site I go there often for idea, when you have time check it out. hope you day goes well for you. donna

There is no shame in admitting you miss certain foods I am sure we all miss something. Me popcorn lol. However if it starts to become a problem and you are cheating not losing weight or over eating seek help. Over eaters anonomus or a therapist. This is a great place to share on this forum, you are only three weeks post, its normal. Hang in there it gets easier.
Hugs,
Angie

Your not alone! I think it's harder at the stage you're at because your diet is so restricted that everything besides what you can eat looks good. I had surgery on Dec. 19 and it was REALLY hard to miss all of the Christmas goodies, but I survived! :)

Thanks Bigtallsis for the blog address; I believe it just may become my baratric bible! It's comforting knowing I'm not alone in this struggle with mind over stomach. As of today I couldn't take the pureed stage of my diet and moved myself to soft which I wasn't to start until Monday when I was 28 days out. It's helped a little to be able to chew something. My pouch handled it just find as well. Have any of you started a new stage prior to when you were suppose to?

Johna hi yes I will be honest I have broken a rule or two along the way, and there were days when it made me sick and I had severe pain in my chest and stomach, I know it's hard trying to follow all the rules, but there out there to protect us and our new pouches that were created during the surgery. you've done really well with weight loss so far, congratulations yes I too love going to eggface page I find something new there all the time and so many receipes to pick from. I love the sugar free syrups she mentions I found some of them at walmart for under 3.00 I use them in my protein drinks, my oats and I am gonna try some of her other receipes this weekend. I will let you know how they turn out. hang in there you're doing good. Donna

You are not alone. I had horrible tremors and anxiety from going through actual food withdraw. I know it sounds crazy to some people but food is an addiction. I had lots of dreams about food that I wanted. I think all the food commercials on tv make it so much worse. I am 3 months post op and can tell you it does get better. I still have have food dreams sometimes. Just the other night I was eating cake in my dream.

Back