• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Fear…

Hey everyone!!! So I got the call Thursday that my surgery has been moved up an entire month!!! It’s now scheduled for June 27th! I’m so excited/nervous/happy/scared…. So many emotions I don’t even know how I feel…. But one this I definitely feel is fear of either not losing weight…. Or losing and regaining. For whatever reason on the Facebook groups I’m in I keep reading where people are 3 months out, 5 months out or however long and they can eat whatever they want and how much they want! Or I’m reading about people regaining weight and I’m terrified of that! If anyone is 1 year+ out and has some motivational photos… or can give me any advice to make sure I am not one of those people I would really appreciate it! Thank you for taking the time to read this!!

So I think that's a normal fear and probably something we should never truly let go of - because we are like alcoholics and any minute can go overboard. And it is so destructive!
I really like Dr. Vuong on YouTube. He's blunt, honest and sassy and has some great tips. Here is a video he made on how to stop weight regain post-op.

For whatever reason on the Facebook groups I’m in I keep reading where people are 3 months out, 5 months out or however long and they can eat whatever they want and how much they want! Or I’m reading about people regaining weight and I’m terrified of that! If anyone is 1 year+ out and has some motivational photos… or can give me any advice to make sure I am not one of those people I would really appreciate it! Thank you for taking the time to read this!!
I'm almost 15 years out and remained steady until the pandemic. Then I gained so much weight my clothes wouldn't fit.

So i went back to my food plan and I'm losing everyday.

I'm attaching a photo.

But remember, you are an individual and how things

Attachments

• P1010049-4.JPG
    P1010049-4.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 52
In the beginning My dr said this is a lifelong commitment. Every day no matter what. There is no pure fix, just that this is a tool. It is a matter of reframing your thinking and approach to food. That is the reason for the appointments before hand. To help you adjust and set you up for success. I am 16 months out presently and have reached a minor setback but I am putting things back in order, But another part of recovery is finding others who are in the same place as you and they can encourage and support you along the way. That is why this site is so important. This site has been a blessing for me especially with the insanity of the pandemic along my journey. I continue to wear my mask in stores as I would rather not get sick. May you find your path here as I did.

Last edited:
I'm almost 15 years out and remained steady until the pandemic. Then I gained so much weight my clothes wouldn't fit.

So i went back to my food plan and I'm losing everyday.

I'm attaching a photo.

But remember, you are an individual and how things
I think this is what I missed Diane. For your post of day one. I believe you will succeed and have faith that your journey is on target. You have been such a positive influence for everyone here, the least we can do is be your encouragement as you reset your adventure. Knows that there were many things that affected you during the last two years and any of them could have contributed to the setback, you are strong and capable and we are here if you need us.

Hi there Braves! I'm almost 2 1/2 years post op. I'm actually trying to gain some weight back - I'd like to get back to 125-130. I'm too skinny now.

Everyone who has WLS is different. Trust your surgical team. Follow the plan they have for you. Don't become a captive of the scale. Get out enjoy things that maybe you couldn't have done before. LIVE your life. If you gain a few pounds - go back to the food plan your surgical team set for you.

It may also help if you log or journal all your food/water/coffee/whatever you're drinking and eating and also how you feel each day. You can do this! Best of luck to you!!!

I think this is what I missed Diane. For your post of day one. I believe you will succeed and have faith that your journey is on target. You have been such a positive influence for everyone here, the least we can do is be your encouragement as you reset your adventure. Knows that there were many things that affected you during the last two years and any of them could have contributed to the setback, you are strong and capable and we are here if you need us.
I feel like I've been blessed by the Goddess of Just Do It! I feel plumb tuckered out just reading your activity in your posts.

You honor me.

Much love,
ddr

Back