• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feb 10th!

Its easy to say now that I've had my surgery but the time will fly by and it will be the big day before you know it. This site is wonderful for help and support.

Big day in nearly 2 weeks. Tough time on the liquid protein but I will get through it!

Welcome to the forum.

Come here often. Ask questions. State concerns. We will all chime in and help you through your new adventure as you begin your new life. You will do terrific; especially with the support of the many members here.

Also, please join a local bariatric support group. Hopefully, your surgeon's office has one or can recommend one in your area.

Ralph

Thanks, guys.

Strange Question:
When you started the process with liquid diet and became closer to surgery- did you have a lot of crazy dreams?

Big day in nearly 2 weeks. Tough time on the liquid protein but I will get through it!
I to will be joining the ranks of post surgery on the 10th. May I ask where you are having your surgery?. I will starting my liver shrinking diet on Tuesday. I am very excited and nervous all at the same time. Good luck to you.

I to will be joining the ranks of post surgery on the 10th. May I ask where you are having your surgery?. I will starting my liver shrinking diet on Tuesday. I am very excited and nervous all at the same time. Good luck to you.

The time is almost here, Tillie!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I don't recall any crazy dreams as a result of the liquid protein diet. I know that what I liked/thought tasted good in terms of liquid protein before surgery was MUCH different after surgery! I found many of them too sweet tasting. Everyone is different, so if you can go to a place like a sports nutrition store where they will let you sample them, you'll probably have better luck. Congratulations & Best of luck to you both!

Thanks Jayhawkgirl- I don't think it's a result of the protein diet. I think it's a result of me being in full WLS gear right now... thinking about it all the time! I find the protein stuff so sweet right now... I prefer broth with the protein powder.

I just started the protein diet today although no surgery date scheduled yet (it will be later this week).

YES, I'm hungry, but I am so used to shoveling something into my mouth. The shakes I've had today were very yummy, much better than I thought they would be.

We can do this!! :eek:

I just started the protein diet today although no surgery date scheduled yet (it will be later this week).

YES, I'm hungry, but I am so used to shoveling something into my mouth. The shakes I've had today were very yummy, much better than I thought they would be.

We can do this!! :eek:

I used protein shakes and glucerna, which is more balanced and is also tasty. The key was a liquid diet under 1200 calories a day for two weeks pre-surgery date.

Did your doctor limit you to protein shakes only?

Ralph

I am on a KetogenX two week diet. Week one is comprised of two of their shakes per day, 2 of their snacks per day and one lean and green meal. Week two is all shakes.

The chocolate shake and the snacks I had yesterday were really good.

I am just so used to eating and eating all the time plus I am housebound due to the weather storm, so I think I have to keep busy by eating. But I know this is great practice for my new life, so that is my encouragement. I look forward to dat two!!

Well we both know that eating is not our keep busy habit anymore

I am on a KetogenX two week diet. Week one is comprised of two of their shakes per day, 2 of their snacks per day and one lean and green meal. Week two is all shakes.

The chocolate shake and the snacks I had yesterday were really good.

I am just so used to eating and eating all the time plus I am housebound due to the weather storm, so I think I have to keep busy by eating. But I know this is great practice for my new life, so that is my encouragement. I look forward to dat two!!

OK. Sounds like you are heading down the right path; following your Doctor's prescribed regimen.

Yes, you are going to redefine your attitude towards food. This is such a critical time in your life.

Food must become a fuel not our past time passion that has led all of us to becoming morbidly obese.

This will change. The surgery will make this easy to do for the first 1 to 2 years.

During these critical transition years as you head to your new self, you will you must learn new habits and rid yourself of the old habits.

Find other things to do when you are bored or looking for something to do.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Back