• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feb 13th!!

I go in for surgery on the 13th and cannot tell you how excited I am! I have been waiting for the last 7 months...and am now halfway through my pre-op liquid diet (which stinks by the way). I still mourn the loss of my faithful friend, food. I am guessing that will be a lifelong battle. It is funny what I miss though....I would die for some nice crunchy veggies....some carrot sticks or peppers...I know, weird! All a part of the new and improved me, I guess!

Welcome to both of you! This is a great place to come! I am so lucky that I didn't have to do a pre-op liquid diet, although I did sort of a modified one anyway. My surgery was a week ago, and I feel like my pre-op diet did help set the tone for my post-op eating changes.

My dr has not said anything about the liquid diet yet! My surgery is feb 28th, so i am thnking about starting next week i will be changing a lot more of what i eat, i feel that right now i am saying good bye lol!

welcome hydro 1149 everybody get's a bit nervous the closer the date gets here, this site has a lot of information that can be helpful. most people are open and willing to share there journey and answer questions that you might have. the surgery brings a new meaning to life, it's the best thing I have done for myself (healthwise). wishing you much success. there is also a site I have found to be very helpful and I've shared it with others, it's called TheWorldAccordingToEggface.org she had the weight loss surgery years ago and she has a lot of good ideas, receipes and tells of great products that have helped her along the way. I wish you much success with your surgery. Donna

Back