• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feb 27th

AngeeBaby94

Feb 27th is the date I finally decided on.........I sent the money today and have also decided to put my fears aside.....If I continue to dwell on all the things that could go wrong...I will never take the plunge. I am sooooo excited. I am so happy to find this support group...My doc told me to write down all my feelings, this is the place I feel like I can do that!!!

Angela:)

AngeeBaby hi glad to hear you have your date, within 3 months of surgery you'll see a major difference in your energy level in your appearance and you'll be so glad you did this for yourself and your kids too. I think I read once where you wish your kids were little again? I too sometimes wish that, but my twins are 19 and my oldest will be 31 this summer, time has flown by. Now that I feel as I've been given a new lease on life I am glad my kids are grown. I miss the "baby day's" they went by so quickly. are yours grown? Writing down your feelings whether on paper or just on here, I believe it truly helps, I've found a lot of comfort with others on here for they've listening to my woe's my happy moments and my endless questions. ask as many ? as you can think of I think that' s the only way to truly find out what is ahead of you. I will do my best to answer any concerns you have about your upcoming surgery. Donna

Yes, I have to start 2 Weeks prior to surgery and I am only allowed to have all the water or sugar free drinks and 5 high protein shakes ... No food except unjury broth... Going to be tough... Hope I have the will power to make it. I have to follow this so it will shrink my liver to make surgery easier ....or so they say....lol. The dr says if your liver is too large they will have to cut you open instead of laproscopic.

Wow congrats....we all be in it together....so many life changes...but it's for a healthier us...still very nervous....but super excited....sodas were hard for me too....but better know then in the hospital when you can't have them...Dr Pepper wast choice of poison ...lol

I think that would be great.....keep intouch.... Nice to talk with people going thru the same thing.

Back