• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feb. 6 date with surgery

Randhat

Well...less than a week now and I am getting a little apprehensive. I keep asking myself "am I doing the right thing"? I am on day three of the liquid diet and already sick of the protein shakes. Having friends over tomorrow for the Super Bowl. Food will be everywhere....but not for me. I am having the gastric sleeve surgery, my BMI is less than 40 but I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol so I meet the requirements for WLS based on these "co-morbidities". What did I get myself in for? Seriously, as I consider the pre op preparations, the surgery itself and the post surgery recovery and lifestyle adjustments it's all a little overwhelming. I guess thats why I sought out this support group. Would appreciate any input, suggestions, or recommendations for anyone who has been through this process. The light at the end of the tunnel seems to be dimming a bit....

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!! You will do fine. Just follow your Team's instructions and remember to stay hydrated.
It is normal to be nervous.

Carol

Back