• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feeling down

Cutting back hard on food consumption is one of the worst things we can do for a lot of reasons. For sure, it will cause weight gain and starvation, causing your weight loss to slow. I've written about this before. Here's another county heard from: Is "Starvation Mode" Real or Imaginary? A Critical Look

If you cut calories severely, your body will overcompensate by holding on to calories and building up fat stores so you don't starve to death.

Your proposed diet sounds extreme and dangerous. Do more research, consulting with your dietician directly. Eat three meals a day, DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER (do a web search about how that will accelerate weight loss), don't try to starve it off. Balance your diet and make sure you have a variety of fruits, vegetables and protein. Cut the carbs if you have to cut anything. Don't take drugs unless necessary elements are missing from your organs, affecting your metabolism.

Stop obsessing. People of normal weight just try to eat in a healthy way. they don't fret over every ounce.

And walk. just walk. It's the easiest way to get exercise and it burns calories like crazy.
You are so right dianeseattle! i was afraid to eat too much so i did not increase my calories at 3 mos. My body went into starvation mode and i caused my own stall. As soon as i upped the calories i was eating it broke the stall.

Have you taken any body measurements? you will see a difference if you do.

Oh, yeah, that is SO true. I have some proportion issues, having inherited my mother's huge upper arms, which she got from HER mother. But I've done a lot of working out with my arms and I'm not embarrassed to go sleeveless! But where I really noticed a change was in my neck. I remember the first time I measured, it was 19". After a month or so post-op, it had gone down to 17"!

And a number on the scale can be deceiving. How you LOOK after you lose weight is so much more obvious and accurate.

Back