• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feeling Off Balanced... (Female question)

samijami

Has any women here had a drastic change with your menstrual cycle? I know it may seem to be a strange question but...when I had my surgery I was on a cycle and the following month I was 12 days late and now this month I am 16 days late and counting. Is this normal? I'm thinking it's just because it was a shock to my system and it will sort itself out but still feel like I'm off balanced because of it. :confused:

I have had some cycle issues as well..

I was in menopause, I was cycling about every 90 to 120 days.. After my RNY I was back to my monthly cycle which was rather disturbing to me..

I asked my bariatric nurse why this was... She told me that hormones are stored in fat and during weight loss all of the hormones that were stored in the excess fat were being released and my body was responding in like, basically back to my normal cycle...My nurse made sure that all of us gals were aware that we would be at our most fertile for up to 18 months post RNY due to the release of all of the hormones during weight loss.

I am now just shy of 7 months out and I am now going back to the menopause cycle, thankfully...

I still recommend talking to your surgeon his/her nurse, your Gyn-Ob or your GP just to make sure... This way they can make a note in your chart...

From what I have read about this. It's normal for your cycle to get off balance I have also read it will correct its self with time.

Back