• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feeling So Sick....

HappyMomof2

Hey...I am three weeks post-op and was doing well. Now, anytime I eat , I feel so nauseous. I thought maybe I was eating too much, so I cut down on the portion...two bites instead of three! :) Anyone else have this problem and if so, any advice? I am hoping this is just a bump in the road. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Happymom, I was given a prescription for nausea medication and was told that I could experience that for several weeks after surgery. I still feel nauseous at times after I eat, but it goes away quickly. I do notice when I’m not getting enough fluids or water this tends to happen too. Hope you feel better soon.

Im 14 years out and still feel nauseated at the sight of food, often. And i still have trouble eating more than two bites before my stomach tells my brain not to take another. I frequently make one meal last all day. This is a big drag because i love soft fried eggs. If i cant finish, i have to scrape my plate because there's nothing that grosses me out more than cold, clammy eggs.

I also was given nausea medicine for after surgery. So far I have only needed it once. But on the quantity of food my body is protesting before the 1/2 cup serving is eaten. oh yeah that is a packet of oatmeal for breakfast and a protein shake the other two snacks and meals recommended are on hold for the last 4 days. Today I did manage a 1/2 cup puréed chicken noodle soup without discomfort.

Last edited:
Back