• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

feeling tired and weak

Why am I feeling tired and weak? I walked around WalMart for about an hour and started sweating and feeling weak. I 've got to return to work next Monday and I'm stressing about taking my menu stuff to work too. So much to do, and remember to do and my vitamins too.

I had a real problem with fatigue starting the third week after surgery. That was my biggest complaint. It was bad enough that I took about 5 1/2 weeks off work because I was sleeping more than I did the first week I got home from the hospital. I was fortunate enough to have short term disability.
When I talked to the doctor about it, they said that my iron stores and stuff were very good and there didn't appear to be a particular reason for my fatigue other than that's how my body was handling the healing process.
You could be going through something similar, although it's always a good idea to check with your doctor. They may send you for blood work to make sure everything's okay. How do you feel otherwise? Any chance you could have picked up a virus or something?
I hope you feel better soon!

Why am I feeling tired and weak? I walked around WalMart for about an hour and started sweating and feeling weak. I 've got to return to work next Monday and I'm stressing about taking my menu stuff to work too. So much to do, and remember to do and my vitamins too.

It's perfectly natural to feel tired, you had the surgery less than 3 wks ago. Hopefully you have a sit down job so you wont get too stressed. It would be much better if you could take a couple more wks off, but if you can't then you can't. Is it possible you could do protein shakes at work which may be easier for you to deal with. Good Luck to you, keep us posted!

Cheyenne

Same here I felt really week for about 5-6 weeks after surgery. I can't tell you exactly when it went away but Im almost 12 weeks (March 5th) and I can go all day-my energy levels are way up. Don't stress too much about your menu things take it one day at a time things will get better and once you start feeling the health benefits of why you wanted the surgery done in the first place its amazing.

Keep in mind your body has been through a major assault with major surgery, anesthesia and is now learning to adapt to all of the physical, mental, emotional and chemical changes going on.
Let's not forget about all of the fat stored hormones that are now being dumped into your system due rapid weight loss. This too will get better with time.

Rest and give your body and brain a chance to catch up...

Yes, your body has been through a lot. I have hypothyroidism so my weakness has been from that in the past. I had my blood drawn about 3 months ago and I was told I have an Iron and Vitamin B deficiency which is why I am so tired all of the time. Like, laying in bed on a nice sunny say feeling as though I haven't slept in weeks, kind of feeling. Once I got on those meds and it took effect in my system, I can't tell you enough how much of a turn around it was.

Supplements to surgery is very important because we do not consume or absorb the amounts that we need to keep our bodies going the way others can. It is a good idea to get blood work done regularly to monitor your levels.

Hope you are doing better.

Blessings

Debbie

Its good to read this from so many others, as I have been quite concerned about my low energy level, 15 days after gastric sleeve surgery. I sure hope that I recover soon, as right now I really can't put in a full day of work, even as a desk jockey.

You need to prep for the week all your lunches and vitamins so you can grab and go. And then there is no room for mistakes or temptation.

I had a real problem with fatigue starting the third week after surgery. That was my biggest complaint. It was bad enough that I took about 5 1/2 weeks off work because I was sleeping more than I did the first week I got home from the hospital. I was fortunate enough to have short term disability.
When I talked to the doctor about it, they said that my iron stores and stuff were very good and there didn't appear to be a particular reason for my fatigue other than that's how my body was handling the healing process.
You could be going through something similar, although it's always a good idea to check wither. your doctor. They may send you for blood work to make sure everything's okay. How do you feel otherwise? Any chance you could have picked up a virus or something?
I hope you feel better soon![/QUOTE
I had surgery 5 days ago and felt great, was walking and resting between walks but adding steps each day until I hit wall yesterday and spent day in bed soo tired. I am a type A person and became depressed. Tired of tv, read two books...any other ideas?

I am 6 days post surgery and i have bursts of energy and low moments. I think my main concern is am i eating and drinking right. I sip on my 1 oz cups all day..when im hungry i only get about 2-3 ounces of soup, pudding, applesauce..but i guess trying to determine if im full, ate too fast, or food not agreeing with me is the sharp pain i get.

I am 6 days post surgery and i have bursts of energy and low moments. I think my main concern is am i eating and drinking right. I sip on my 1 oz cups all day..when im hungry i only get about 2-3 ounces of soup, pudding, applesauce..but i guess trying to determine if im full, ate too fast, or food not agreeing with me is the sharp pain i get.
I read it should take no less than 10 minutes and no more than 30 minutes to eat meals. I did not add food, only clear liquids mixing powder protein with broth and jello.

Back