• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Finally! A date!

Are you already on your pre-op diet? If so, stick to it, and develop a menu.

Check out my profile: https://www.americanbariatrics.org/members/dianeseattle.12861/#resources

I shared a lot of details about what to eat and how to make Magic Milk, which is a real boon, before and after surgery.

FYI, when I had my surgery they didn't have a laparoscopic procedure, so I had open surgery, seven stitches and a long recovery. But one thing I did from Day One was design my diet to get maximum protein and the best taste. You'll only be able to eat a few tablespoons at a time, so you should study nutrition to see how to get the maximum nutrients in smallest servings.

The FDA is a great resource for nutritional content. At their website you can search by food type, and even fast foods by brand name. Getting through the pre- and post-op diets is crucial, but then, everything falls into place and you can eat regular foods, take nutritional supplements and make sure you're healthy. It's a lot easier than you might think, but if you have a food obsession, like me, that requires a lot of supportive reading and writing and stories from groups like this one.

You'll do great!

Are you already on your pre-op diet? If so, stick to it, and develop a menu.

Check out my profile: https://www.americanbariatrics.org/members/dianeseattle.12861/#resources

I shared a lot of details about what to eat and how to make Magic Milk, which is a real boon, before and after surgery.

FYI, when I had my surgery they didn't have a laparoscopic procedure, so I had open surgery, seven stitches and a long recovery. But one thing I did from Day One was design my diet to get maximum protein and the best taste. You'll only be able to eat a few tablespoons at a time, so you should study nutrition to see how to get the maximum nutrients in smallest servings.

The FDA is a great resource for nutritional content. At their website you can search by food type, and even fast foods by brand name. Getting through the pre- and post-op diets is crucial, but then, everything falls into place and you can eat regular foods, take nutritional supplements and make sure you're healthy. It's a lot easier than you might think, but if you have a food obsession, like me, that requires a lot of supportive reading and writing and stories from groups like this one.

You'll do great!
Thank you! This really helps!

Back