• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

FINALLY - plastics!!

I am a long way out before I think of plastics. I have 10,000 in bank cd’s for when the time comes. I am curious about scarring with the work you had done. When I had my breast reduction the scars were all over the place. I had one that got infected. I had to pack it with wet gauze to draw out the infection. I am guessing the scars have faded by now but that will be important if I have anything more done.
Scars are doing really well. I am over six months out now. Most areas of scarring are nice and thin scars. I have a couple spots that are a little bumpy still, but given how the rest have flattened and calmed, I am sure they will follow suit. Redness is minimal now, and the silicone gel is helping to knock that out. The biggest thing I can say is to be really aware of the swelling involved in this level or surgery - I have basically cut all routes for the mid-section to access the lymph drains... I get lymphatic drainage massages, and do dry brushing to supplement. and Hydration - KEY!!

Back