• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

First appointment

Anne23

Hi everyone! Happy Monday ☺ My surgery center sent me 4 videos to watch in place of the in person information session. The videos were 1) anesthesia 2) what to expect post-op 3) a video explaining the sleeve 4) a video explaining bypass. So, I have watched those and I have my first appointment on Thursday. It will be over the phone with the dietician. I have a million questions for her lol. She said my app to meet the surgeon will probably be the only one in person. Wish me luck ...eager to find out what my timeline might look like!

Hi, Anne. Welcome to the group. Listen to Judy and write those ??'s down. I always had a bunch and would get to my appt. and forget everything. They thought I was the most chill person alive but I actually was just too nervous to remember anything lol We had to do another 2 hour refresher seminar right before we started our liquid diets and I took a notebook!

Hi Anne - Welcome to the group!

Write down those questions - information is power! You may also want to consider writing/journaling your weight loss journey. It can prove very helpful when looking back. I write/journal everyday. What I'm feeling - what I see in the mirror - it's been very therapeutic. I can also read it and have that "Ahhha" moment from time to time as well.

Best of luck on this new life altering journey!!

Hello! I'm new here and need a little insight on the sleeve and have you had any bad after surgery problemse eg:acid reflux for example

Welcome Ebony! I haven't had any problems with acid reflux with the sleeve. My doctor has me on Pepsid for 6 months following surgery. The only time I had a little bit of an acid feeling was when I took my meds without food. Do you normally have any acid reflux? If you do you might want to discuss this with your surgeon.

Welcome Ebony! I haven't had any problems with acid reflux with the sleeve. My doctor has me on Pepsid for 6 months following surgery. The only time I had a little bit of an acid feeling was when I took my meds without food. Do you normally have any acid reflux? If you do you might want to discuss this with your surgeon.
I had acid reflux terribly during the time I had the lap bandbut was removed 5 years ago. No reflux since

Back