• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

First Holiday down

3momchaos

I knew having my surgery right before Halloween would be a struggle, but a surgery dates a surgery date!! Im surrounded by pizza, popcorn, and of course CANDY! But I survived, and looking at the food I can’t have right now, I just tell myself that my relationship with food does not dominate how my holidays will go.

I think the important point is, if you eat any of it, you will feel physically horrible! That's my biggest deterent. Willpower didn't get us through regular dieting and it won't get us through this.
I keep telling myself that exact thing! Not only am I less than a week out which would cause hospitalization if I eat anything right now, I also don’t want to vomit or have dumping syndrome. A nurse from my surgeons office told us about a few patients who did not adhere to the liquid diet after surgery. One came back in to have a hot dog removed and another had a liter of crab removed. I am following ALL of my rules.

I keep telling myself that exact thing! Not only am I less than a week out which would cause hospitalization if I eat anything right now, I also don’t want to vomit or have dumping syndrome. A nurse from my surgeons office told us about a few patients who did not adhere to the liquid diet after surgery. One came back in to have a hot dog removed and another had a liter of crab removed. I am following ALL of my rules.
That sounds horrendous! :oops:

It gets so much easier. When you start feeling better and seeing results it gets easier to use logic and choose not to have the sugary item. I will say though that as I started having a coffee with some premier protein shake I am craving sugar again. I know it’s the artificial sugar in the protein shake combined with caffeine from the one coffee I drink a day SO back to decaff coffee with skim milk. Lesson learned!! I don’t ever want to go back to where I was.

Back