• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

First post-surgery compliment (?) from my husband...

Kim n NC

Riding in the car and my husband reached over to hold my hand last night. He started grasping my hand and feeling my fingers and said "Honey" in a tone that I thought something was wrong. When asked he said, "Your hand is smaller!" I smiled and said "I know". On the way in to the store we both noticed that it was more "comfortable" holding hands now.
I had gained so much weight that I've not been able to wear my engagement ring he gave me. I've been too embarrassed to tell him that's the reason why I don't wear it. (I had the wedding band resized.) I never wore it to work in the hospital because I was afraid of damaging it, so he thinks I've just gotten out of the habit over the years. Now my wedding band is loose and I can get the engagement ring on, a little tight still though. When they are both on and comfortable, I'm never taking them off again...lol.

That is wonderful! Those compliments from those we love are so special. I haven't tried on my rings yet. Keep up the great work!

Kim n NC I loved your post and your husband is a "keeper" a man that notices the small things in life, awesome so happy for you. yes girl when you get that engagement ring back on , keep it on it represents all the love you two have for each other.I love hearing that there are still couples in love and holding hands. May God continue to bless you both with many more years of happiness. you're also doing good on your weight loss. you'll reach your goal too.
may you have a blessed and Merry Christmas and a healthy happy New year,
Donna

Back