• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

First post three weeks post op

I am happy I had the surgery done. I was doing good and released from the hospital and ended up in the ER very dehydrated and sick in the early morning hours the day of being released. Everyday is getting better. My incision sites are very sore and my stomach is still the same size but I have lost 20#. Ready to see what the future brings.

I am happy I had the surgery done. I was doing good and released from the hospital and ended up in the ER very dehydrated and sick in the early morning hours the day of being released. Everyday is getting better. My incision sites are very sore and my stomach is still the same size but I have lost 20#. Ready to see what the future brings.

Dehydration is the major concern in the initial months.

I hope you do better.

Always be sipping. I liked to sip on a protein drink, premier shakes vanilla or chocolate and/or I liked isopure grape flavor.

This way I was getting my liquids in and my protein.

I also sipped on water occasionally. But, in the early go focused on isopure and after week 2 I believe I added the premier shake.

Ralph

Back