• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

First Timer Here

Happy Saturday everyone!!

My name is Ellie, i am thirty three year old. I am here because of the phenomenal support and information I have seen be posted on this site. I would say I am in the early stages of procuring a weight loss procedure. I have two forms of insurances ( because I was told I may loose one, at one point) and I have met all their pre-req they have asked for.
My BMI is 37
I have PCOS and spinal arthritis in my lower lumbar.
I have completed my sleep study, ( just told that I toss and turn a lot) and have a Nutritionist as well, I have met 1x so far. I have one step left, which is a psychological exam, where I live, these providers are about as easy to find, as the rest of Jimmy Hoffa.( sorry Jimmy)
The weight I carry, and have carried sense I was 12, is all in my upper body and chest. I have hard large breasts sense before I could drive. I hate them, they get in the way, they prevent me from wearing the clothes I love and desperately want to wear. I feel trapped in my own body.

Im hoping to find out soon, if the surgeon has accepted me, and what the date will be.

If I started this process in early march, can anyone give me a rough ETA, as far as when to expect contact? I already got the welcome letter from the bariatric team and answered their questionnaire.

Once you get all the testing done it should move fairly quickly. I had my consultation in December and then had all my testing completed. Once they get the ok from insurance you will get a date. I got a call late Feb and have my surgery in a couple of days. Good luck in your journey

Okay, the insurance portion was my BIGGEST fear, because they are slower than molasses uphill holding a lead bucket. I figured I would do the sleep study before they asked, as it was noted in their information before I officially met with the team, to show some drive on my part and like you said the slower than snail time process sometimes. You both have really truly been so helpful, this process, can really rattle the nerves, just from the waiting alone!!!!:p:cool:

Okay, the insurance portion was my BIGGEST fear, because they are slower than molasses uphill holding a lead bucket. I figured I would do the sleep study before they asked, as it was noted in their information before I officially met with the team, to show some drive on my part and like you said the slower than snail time process sometimes. You both have really truly been so helpful, this process, can really rattle the nerves, just from the waiting alone!!!!:p:cool:
If you did get a diagnosis of sleep apnea it should make it easier for an approval, but you may also have to meet other requirements. It also depends on the surgeon. You will require and Upper GI, a nutritionist visit as well as a phyc eval as well. I would wait on those because the have preferred ones that make communication easier. As far as an EKG do not do that till you are asked they have a time frame for when tests can be performed before surgery.

Back