• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Food Addiction

Looneyt

Hello. I myself struggle with food addiction. I know I'm not alone in this and I'm not the only one who struggles. So many things cause your mind to try and persuade you to want to eat, even when your not hungry. Depression and Anxiety are the big things for me, that little voice tells you your not good enough, you will fail, your a looser, your bored, your lonely and no one loves or likes you. There are days when that little voice wins and fail. But food addiction is just like any other addiction such as alcohol or drugs. If someone offers you chocolate cake, it's just as if you were an alcoholic and they were offering you alcohol. You have to learn self control. It's okay to fail just get back up and keep on going. You will learn from your mistakes. Your mistakes make you stronger.

Hi Looney, I wanted to also say that after surgery, your body is going to tell you stuff. Sometimes your body is going to refuse to eat things. You will simply lose your appetite for them. And because the recovery time can be brutal, you won't be eating the way you used to eat for several months, if ever. How is your insurance struggle going? You were having trouble with that weren't you?

Back