• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Food question...

AngelY

So I’m quite the picky eater. I’m 3 weeks post sleeve surgery. I have been on puréed/soft foods for a week. The only things I can really eat without getting grossed out are finely ground beef, eggs, and turkey w/ a small slice of cheese. I’m dying for a cracker like a saltine or ritz to eat with turkey! Anyway my question is, I’m already tired of eating the same 4 things...can I eat like just a string cheese and no meat? Will that affect me negatively? Thanks in advance.

I also like a lot of variety... I did malt-o-meal with magic-milk, and honey; I did garlic mashed cauliflower; I made some wonderful pureed soups, like chicken and mushroom, broccoli chicken, and a potato leek soup, all pureed!

You should go check out the recipes page. You don't have to be bored on the puree diet!

Thank you. A family member had VSG surgery a few years ago and she did HORRIBLE. she gained her weight back plus some. I refuse to ask her for any advice. I’ve been following my diet/doctor/nutritionist guidelines to the T. I worked too had to get where i am. With that being said I’m 1 month/2 weeks post. I’ll wait

Back