• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

found a lump

mergatroid

I found a lump the other day on my upper chest area on the left side. Checked the other side and found a lump there too! I ran to the mirror and raised my arms. The lumps were my ribs!!! LOL, I never felt my ribs before. Losing weight
is really a journey. Have a great day all.

That is soooooo funny. I was surprised by my hip bones which I can now feel. And, would you believe I almost have a waist again. My hernia gets in the way though. Congrats on finding your ribs!

Oh no I must have it too. lol. I have these lumps in my neck lith long things running cross ways. lol and whats the deal with the to lumps on my face on each side? lol well they are cheek bones and the other the neck and shoulders lol. It surprizes me still trying to figure out who is this woman looking back at be in the mirror. I don't know her yet... Guess it takes some getting use to. Thanks for the smile I love it.;)

Hugs
Angie

HI MERAGATROID when I first read you found a lump, I felt panic cause I thought oh no a lump means cancer, I was so happy to read on that you had discovered your ribs again. oh it's great to laugh and be happy as our bodies change for the good. thanks for sharing your good news with us, I hope the road to a new healthier you just keeps getting better.
donna

LOL...that was funny! Congrats! I too found my hip bones! This past week, when I got dressed for work, for the first time in many years, I felt comfortable enough to tuck a shirt into my pants and wear a belt! I actually have a waist now! It is exciting and we who have had the surgeries have to remember that that is what is important...how we look and feel, not what the scale says! I'm down 45 pounds (surgery was on July 25, 2012) and want to loose another 30 and i'll be at my goal...feeling and looking, if I do say so myself, great! Congrats and keep up the good work!

Mergatroid, this is one of the best posts I have read. Sense of humor....I love it. Way back in one of my weight loss journeys that I had lost 100 lbs.....I remember having a family portrait taken. After the sitting we were able to see the proofs right away on computer. When I was looking at them, I froze. My husband asked if I was alright. I looked at him and said
"Who is that woman in the pictures" ? I honestly did not know me!!! I think that is why we need to take pictures of ourselves as we lose this weight. So that we can see our changes. I can also remember jumping for joy after I went through an amusement park gate.....I didn't have to turn sideways, I could go through it straight. These are the moments we cherish in our journey to be healthy. I also remember trying on my first size twelve dress. It fit and I jumped out of the fitting room and danced for joy. Everyone in the store was watching and clapping for me. When I met up with my daughter and her friends, they said they heard some people talking about this gal dancing in the store from the fitting room. My daughter looked at me and said....Was that you , Mom? I said....indeed it was and I would do it again because I felt so good!!

Back