• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Freaking out

Listen. At least go to the consult and see what the Dr says. Tell them you have these worries and thoughts. They may have advice or tell you it's totally normal to feel that way! My Dr told me that even if you gain back your weight, you most likely will never gain it ALL back so at least that's a bit comforting. And when I went and had my psych evaluation and everything I found out I had binge eating disorder so they made me do group therapy for 8 weeks before I could continue with the program. Plus having PCOS he said weight gain and holding onto the weight and not losing easily is part of that so I knew I needed extra help. And im looking at this surgery as something to help me, knowing full well so much will still be on me to do things right. Doesn't hurt to have some help.

Mandy2910 I completely hear and understand what you are saying. I've had many of the same thoughts. Nymiria I appreciate your comments to Mandy2910's post. I also have PCOS and as I sit and wait to be able to meet with the weight loss psychologists they offered me a 7 week weight loss zoom group to join that is led by one of their psychologists. I am diagnosed initially with disordered eating and the psychologist who did my eval said she would give me my formal diagnosis when she completed my evaluation... that was in April and I am still waiting but I am sure that it is probably considered binge eating disorder as well.
Mandy2910 thank you for sharing your feelings. It's good that we have this support system here and can help each other.

Back