• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Friday, July 16th, is my surgery date for a sleeve.

Hi everyone! I made it!!!
9 days post op and still on liquids. I feel full and never hungry. So far I’ve lost 15 pounds. Drinking soups, jello, popsicles of course all sugar free and protein drinks too, plus lots of water, I love water anyways, so that’s easy for me. I hope you are all having a blessed Sunday! Back to work tomorrow.

Hi All,
I'm delighted I found this support group. Whoo Hoo! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I've had friends who have been very successful and some that gained the weight back. I'd love to hear your advise on how you became successful and any input you could suggest for a beginner.
Thank you and looking forward to meeting new friends.
How are you doing since your surgery? I’m having mine in a few days…. Very excited, can hardly wait!!

Hi Dori,
I've lost 24 pounds (Whoo hoo!) and I started eating pureed foods last Saturday. I can eat about 2-4oz about 3-4 times a day, I feel full!!! It amazing! Right now I'm getting use to scheduling my food/water intake. I think that's the hardest for me, 30/30/30. I use my Alexa to time the 30 minute intervals. I have a dietitian and she's super helpful. Getting the 64oz is tough, I've been getting about 32oz a day.

I'm excited for Dori! You got this! Please keep me posted on your progress.. :)
Not going to lie, the first day was really hard, but everyday since I've felt better. I think I had a reaction to the anesthesia, I had a hard time sleeping and some anxiety for about 3 days.

Hi Dori,
I've lost 24 pounds (Whoo hoo!) and I started eating pureed foods last Saturday. I can eat about 2-4oz about 3-4 times a day, I feel full!!! It amazing! Right now I'm getting use to scheduling my food/water intake. I think that's the hardest for me, 30/30/30. I use my Alexa to time the 30 minute intervals. I have a dietitian and she's super helpful. Getting the 64oz is tough, I've been getting about 32oz a day.

I'm excited for Dori! You got this! Please keep me posted on your progress.. :)
Not going to lie, the first day was really hard, but everyday since I've felt better. I think I had a reaction to the anesthesia, I had a hard time sleeping and some anxiety for about 3 days.
Wow, sounds great. Hope everything keeps going well!

Back