• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

funny / not funny / ironic

This made me laugh so I decided to share it as a funny thing. It's sort of falls under the category of world's dumbest criminals.

Police have been looking for a man in my neighborhood since he shot another man outside the 7-Eleven store on the 3rd of June. I didn't give it much thought because I don't know anybody who carries a concealed weapon, though I'm not opposed to it in principle, and I sure don't know anybody who would shoot somebody else.

So now they have released the video from the 7-Eleven store of the guy who shot the other guy. It's really good video. Usually those store cameras don't seem to show a lot of detail. But here is this guy, just an ordinary guy carrying a little dog, with what looks like a hoodie on and a black watch cap. I think he could be described as handsome, even. And he has a little Van Dyke beard and very black hair.

The irony here is that on the 3rd of June, he should have been wearing a face mask. They've been mandatory in Seattle since sometime in April. You really never see anyone around who doesn't have a face mask on. People are generally compliant around obeying necessary laws.

So not only did this guy defy the requirement by not wearing a face mask, as he went out for his evening walk with his little doggy, he got in an argument with somebody and shot him. That's not funny of course, although I believe the man he shot is very slowly recovering so I'm happy about that.

I wonder if they got into an argument because the victim said to the guy that he should be wearing a face mask and the shooter didn't like being told what to do so he shot him. I have seen vicious arguments all over the United States on the news where people were talking about face masks and whether or not others should be wearing them.

But if this fella had been wearing a face mask, it might be kind of hard to recognize him. You know if you're going to commit a crime, you really want to be wearing a mask. So he had permission to wear a mask and in fact was required to wear a mask, but in refusing to do so, he exposed his entire face to identification. I bet someone has already phoned in his identity to the police because is it such a clear photo.

The world is a crazy mixed-up place these days.

Back