• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Future Roux-en-Y patient

Hi, I am excited to be here. My surgery should occur in August I wanted to do it earlier, but I'm having second thoughts because I am supposed to go to a camp and I'm afraid to be on a liquid diet at that time with little control of what is around me since I am totally blind nice to meet all of you there is no support group in my area so this is all the support I will get since my husband is uncertain and frightened of possible complications

Hi SaraH! Don't be afraid of the surgery. Just be sure you have a Surgeon who is a "Bariatric Surgeon of Excellence" and have it done at a "Bariatric Hospital of Excellence"

Go online and make sure your surgeon has good reviews from other patients. I found my surgeon online and then found out he had performed over 2,000 barbaric surgeries and never lost a single patient.

Good luck!!! Bariatric surgery saved my life and I lost over 200 pounds in 18 months. I would do it over in a second. I feel wonderful!!!

Cheyenne

Back