• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Gained weight new area!! Help!!!

donnayork

Ok, military we move every two to three years. I haven't been to the Dr since we moved here yes it's been a very long time. I'm over 2 years out an the weight has just started coming on. Don't want to see the dr till I've lost the weight. But I haven't been able to lose weight. I am walking up to 21 miles a week an doing my best on my eating an nothing ready to just say I give. I need a friend to talk to someone who can give me some ideas of what to do to get the ball rolling if just a couple of pounds. Should I do liquid diet for a few days. I avoid all the foods my Dr said to no pasta no rice no soda. I work hard in my water an my protein I actually think I eat to much protein serving size. I try not to eat no more than 1200 cals a day but I do drink wine an most weekends a few glasses of sangria I know I need to give that up. I just have no one to talk to about things.

Ok, military we move every two to three years. I haven't been to the Dr since we moved here yes it's been a very long time. I'm over 2 years out an the weight has just started coming on. Don't want to see the dr till I've lost the weight. But I haven't been able to lose weight. I am walking up to 21 miles a week an doing my best on my eating an nothing ready to just say I give. I need a friend to talk to someone who can give me some ideas of what to do to get the ball rolling if just a couple of pounds. Should I do liquid diet for a few days. I avoid all the foods my Dr said to no pasta no rice no soda. I work hard in my water an my protein I actually think I eat to much protein serving size. I try not to eat no more than 1200 cals a day but I do drink wine an most weekends a few glasses of sangria I know I need to give that up. I just have no one to talk to about things.

Sorry you are having problems. I would think you should go back to the clear liquid diet for a few days then maybe protein shakes then salads with chicken or something of the like. Try giving up the alcohol for awhile to see if that helps.

Good luck to you!

Cheyenne :cool:

You are catching this ahead of time, good for you. I was in your shoes about 7 years ago. I am post-op since 2004. The weight has snuck back on and I am about 60 pounds away from my pre-surgery date, yikes!! What I began doing as of yesterday, so today is only day two for me is this:
5 meals a day spaced about 3 hours apart. My first 4 meals are strictly a protein supplement and then my 5th meal is some sort of a protein and then a vegetable if there is room. This is my best chance to get it off again. Like you once I had lost all of my weight I was very good at getting in my exercise, I even began running which I find so amazing that I was able to do. I too like you do not have any one to talk to about this or the struggle. It would be great if we were able to support one another. Good luck!

Back