• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Gastric sleeve 11/2

GGG

I did it! I had gastric sleeve surgery Monday morning. I’m doing ok and following the doctor’s orders! The first couple of days my mouth was so dry. Anybody experience dehydration post-op (Dark yellow urine). Today I’ve been able to drink the 48+ ounces of liquid so I hope I’ll be back to normal in a day or two. This is a great place to share (even bluntly) because y’all have been through this and know what I’m experiencing Thanks

Congrats on getting through that. Staying hydrated is definitely a high priority, especially because your body is probably in ketosis due to low carbs. Ketosis has a diuretic effect and increases the volume of water expelled via urine, so it is doubly important to try to keep up on hydration.

Stay in touch with your care team, and if your urine doesn't get relatively light, you might consider going in to get some IV fluids to catch up on hydration.

How have you been feeling? Still able to keep up on your hydration? My mouth still feels dry and I’m almost 2 weeks out, but I also don’t get to chug water like I used to LOL

Back