• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Gastric Sleeve Patient on a journey to a healthier life.

Hello everyone, I am new to this lifestyle and group. I had the gastric sleeve procedure done in august. I started out at 220 pounds which was definitely unnormal for me. I got down to 161 pounds but I noticed this morning I gained two pounds. I'm in panic mode because I have not reached my goal weight which is to be 150 pounds. Can someone please help me with some advice on if this is normal to gain weight after losing so much weight ? I'm in need of advice I'm starting to panic

So glad you stepped back and found some joy again. Funny how 1 little lb can bring so much happiness or frustration. In the overall scheme of things, you have done a terrific job so far. I am a once a week scaler. Otherwise I would go crazy over every 1/10th of a lb LOL. Good luck & please stay in touch.

Hello! I am new to the group. I am waiting for my surgery date. The binder, which is just about as important as your Bible, suggests you weigh in only at your appointments. That's not working for me now, so I don't think it will after my surgery! My situation is a little different than most. I am 17 years post-op lapband, waiting for gastric sleeve. I'm also 70 years old. Doing this for better health! My daughter has surgery this Wednesday. Good luck to all and happy losing!

I think it’s kind of like not seeing the trees because of the forest. You can’t see your success because you’re focused on the scale. I got focused on the scale. I finally put the scale away and would maybe get it out once a month.

Muscle weighs more than fat. Too much sodium, water weight could also be factors. There are truly a lot of reasons you gained 2 pounds. Enjoy your successes! You’ve accomplished A LOT. Own that shit Mz Pink!!!

IMO, at some point people should stop obsessing about weight and diet and look around. No one else of normal weight spends the whole day focusing on diet. If you let that go, you can focus on other activities like volunteering, visiting shut-ins, improving our ecology, teaching others, reading to kids, etc. I know it doesn't seem logical, but obsessing about ourselves is really self-centered. If we'd free up that time, we could help change the world by being active participants.

At least work on reducing your wasted thoughts by reading or talking to people.

Back