• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

General chat

I'm trying to accept the things I cannot change, and I'm hoping that I'm not whining about them. And today I went out and did some good and I'm going to look into some volunteer opportunities so I can give back. I always want to think I'm a nice person but the fact is I haven't done anything for anybody for about 35 years. It's past time for me to payback all the wonderful people who have helped me.
Love the new profile pic Diane, very cute! :)

Where in S. Utah are you moving? Although, I’m not from there I have been told they have a good medical system there. You might call the local hospital and look online for support groups in the area you are moving to. Sometimes it’s good to have the support of non family members who have experienced or are experiencing what you are going through with your wls. Best wishes to you!
Hiya Cyndy - how are you recovering? I hope all is going well!

I am doing well with my recovery. I am loosing very slowly.

I was on nsaids before the surgery for many years for my back, multiple injuries caused arthritis in my spine. I’ve been having a lot of very bad back pain to the point of crying. In addition, to the arthritis I have osteoporosis, so I had X-ray to make sure I don’t have a fracture. I don’t think so, but they want to make sure. I hope to get results of the X-ray tomorrow. The weight loss I know will help improve pain in both my back and with the CRPS in my feet. It won’t take away the disease I know that but there will be less weight putting extra stress on them.

I am singing in two choirs for Christmas. I sang in a community choir last Friday and am singing again this coming Sunday. That’s the latest with me other than my brother and sis in-law continue to be difficult. They have all the control but I’m the one who takes care of my mom full time, something I’d do a thousand times over just wish we were a “team” in action not just Words.

Anyone can begin the meeting and tell their own story. It unveils the good and bad associated with each surgery- some with terrifying experiences, some with an easy as pie attitude. Through these meetings, there are even smaller groups that get together- for exercise (it’s held at a RecPlex) or to talk over protein shakes, some even grocery shop together.
It should be available to all, and if not in rural areas, then a local e-meeting should be a choice. We should advocate for it! Get people in your areas to sign petitions to make insurance companies pay or provide free meetings!

Ann Elizabeth Mahoney, where are you? according to the statistics here you haven't been online with us since August 20th. You have such Sage wisdom and we really need it now. And I would love to hear more about your support group, because I think there are people here who would like to start their own support groups. Please come back. I love you.

Back